Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My book

This is the cover, title page and some illustrations from my book that I self-published. The book was originally a collaboration with Michel Gagne, he designed 50 of the rabbits and I designed 50. But I painted all of them. It took me years. Half way through painting the rabbits, Gagne said that he did not want to be involved in the project anymore. He said "It's your baby, you run with it". Needless to say, I was very hurt and disappointed when a few years later he decided to publish his drawings in a book without saying a word to me. It kind of took the steam out of this for a while but I decided to plow ahead and publish it. I had done too much work on it not to. The book is available on Amazon.com. The logo on the cover was rendered in ink then modeled in Maya.








4 comments:

Jefferson R. Weekley said...

Hey Dave! I've begun reading the book to my boys. They love it! In fact it inspired Justin to begin drawing his version of strange monsters with descriptions.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Smudge??!!

Anonymous said...

Smudge?? is that you??

Dave said...

Hey Anonymous, you're obviously someone who has known me during college. This was based from Fudge. Smudge was Fudge's predecessor. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about. I have had two pet rabbits. Smudge, who I got while in college and had to give to a friend when I moved to Ireland. Then, Fudge who I got when moving here to California and living to the ripe old age of 13. (very long for a rabbit). Maybe you can reveal yourself to me somehow Mr./Ms. Mystery person. Thanks for stopping by the blog.