Monday, February 18, 2008

Disney's Hercules

I dug up some old drawings I did for the animated version of Hercules while I was at Disney. Ron Clements and John Musker where the directors and they were nice enough (or foolish enough), to let me design and animate this character and his buddies. This guys name is Ithiclese (I don't even remember how to spell it) and I got to name his two buddies, Parenthesis and Igottasneeze. I was originally going to help Nik with Hades but then I got to do these guys and a bunch of other incidentals which is what I got credited for animating on the feature. I loved working on Hades but it is really nice to have your own little character, now matter how small. I really loved working with Ron and John and they let me do some visual development on Treasure Planet which I will post at a later date.



6 comments:

Jefferson R. Weekley said...

Hey, these are great fun!
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Love the expressions, and loved the film..Disney made some great features in their days and really wish it returns. Would love to see more of your animation drawings!!

Monica

Dave said...

Hey Jeff, you rock. Monica, thanks for coming by and many thanks for the kind words. I would love to post more of my animation drawings, I certainly did enough of them, but unfortunately, the drawings become the property of the studio after I'm done with them and I never see them again. In older times I know that Disney would return the roughs to the animators but that has never happened with me.

Unknown said...

Great job with these drawings! I love Disney's Hercules for its story, characters and most of all, its animation. It is unfortunate the movie is under-appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Anonymous said...

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I would have to say that Hercules was Disney's worst movie. Before I start getting hate mail, I would just like to say that my opinion is not based off of the songs or the entertainment value of the movie, but how the mythology aspect sucks. It's not all rainbows and cute little baby pegasi in the real story; but I will give the movie this, fun animation, good songs, and an appropriate and entertaining storyline for adults and children. Thanks for the pictures, I just had to vent my nerdy comments out.