Friday, January 4, 2008

Getting started

Well, here's the start of my online blogging experience. This will be used mostly as an online portfolio, ideally for potential employers to view my work as well as a forum for constructive criticism. I might regret the criticism part but here we go.

I will probably start adding images tomorrow, I just wanted to see if I could get this up and running. It was pretty easy actually. It all seems pretty intimidating but I guess everything is at first. I guess it's necessary these days when employers are asking for online portfolios. It would have come in handy when applying for my last gig at Porchlight Animation Studios, instead of sending a ton of emails with only three attachments each. Now that my run at Porchlight has ended, I thought I better get off of my butt and get this thing started. Time to get something to eat after my interesting commute home in this unusual but welcomed LA rain storm. I love hearing the sound of the rain.

11 comments:

Jefferson R. Weekley said...

Hey Dave,
What a great site. Thanks for posting so much of your beautiful artwork
Jeff

Dave said...

Jeff, thank you for the kind words. I've had to start this out of necessity. I have already gotten a couple of jobs from it. I have to admit, it's so easy to have someone check out the blog rather than drive 30 miles to drop off a portfolio. Thanks for stopping by though. Best wishes.

Dave

Jefferson R. Weekley said...

Thanks for checking my blog out. You're the best!

SARAH FRANCE said...

Amazing work, you are certainly very creative and have a wonderful imagination.

Congratulations on your success.

All the best,
Sarah

Alan Simmons said...

A truly great talent and a gentleman. This blog is a fraction of what Dave can do. Not the merrier shall make Santa, eh? Nor evermore sing the quandary of children's secret wishes... keep it up old bro.
Alan

Dave said...

Hey Sarah, thanks for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment. I love seeing your stuff on the Flickr site. And thanks for finally coming by to visit Alan. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Anonymous said...

Dave,
This blog is too cool.
It's great to see your stuff!

Dave said...

Hey Brad, you Rock! Thanks for dropping by. I hope things are good in crazy old Woodstock. Talk to you soon old friend.

Dave

seanshorts said...

Hi Dave

Love your work.

I am a secondary school teacher of English (and Head of the Dept) in Baku, Azerbaijan and teach mostly second language learners who I reckon would benefit from lots of visual stimuli, so I was wondering if my kids could send you their creative thoughts/output/stories based on your characters?
And maybe even have a go and some colouring* in? (that * should give you the clue - I'm an English, English teacher!)

have a great day
regards
Sean

Dave said...

Hey Sean,
Thanks for dropping by the site. I think it's great that you want to use the drawings to encourage your class to learn and I don't have a problem with that. I would love to see and read what they come up with. You can correspond directly with me at this address: kupczyk@earthlink.net
and I would love to hear about your experiences in Baku. I also spell colour with a "u", and sometimes with a "k" (Monty Python reference).

DK

Alex Kupczyk said...

hi dad